03 April 2009

Israel Won't Survive~Chas Freeman Tells Why

Charles Freeman gives Americans (and Israel) something to think about when he says: "I believe Israel's policies are destructive to American interests and also to Israeli interests,"

Story below:

Ex-US envoy doubts Israel's survival

Former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia Charles W. Freeman has cast doubt whether Israel can continue to survive in the Middle East.

"I don't see how Israel can continue to survive in the long term as a state in the Middle East if it is not prepared to deal with respect and consideration with its Arab neighbors specially the Palestinians,"

In mid March, Freeman turned down Director of National Intelligence (NIC) Dennis C. Blair's offer to be the chairman of the body.

Freeman accused the Israeli lobby of being behind his withdrawal.

Freeman had come under fire for statements he had made criticizing Israeli policies.

"I am critical of Israel's policy. I believe Israel's policies are destructive to American interests and also to Israeli interests,"

He noted that he became disappointed when the administration of President Barack Obama refused to put its weight behind him over the offered position.

"I was obviously disappointed that I didn't have support from the White House. But as I understand the way this administration works I shouldn't have been surprised," he said.