24 May 2009

#1 GAZA HOPE CONVOY~SUNDAY 24 MAY

TODAY IS THE DAY WE BREAK THE SIEGE!!

I have had several text messages this morning, starting at 4:30AM Irish Time (Gee Thanks Guys) couldn't drag myself outta bed until now to go online LOL Egypt is 2 hours a head of us in Ireland.

Great news the convoy aid and vehicles remained safe over night nothing happened, everything is grand. The members left for Rafah at 6AM Egypt time and just a few minutes ago I was informed they are 5 km from the border, now I just got another text and it looks like they are all together at the border waiting (Sorry the last text is a little confusing and I'm not really awake yet)

Wow, I'm feeling happy and sad this morning. I should have been on this convoy, but unknown to me, until I dragged it out of the drawer, my passport had expired and did not get back in time for me to go with my friends. So when they actually cross into Gaza it will be hard for me, but I will feel so happy for them after such a long wait in Egypt, still I may have tears:(

More as I get it. I expect today to be a busy day.