26 April 2010

HEADS WILL ROLL

Is the welcome matt being rolled up?
I think the American Military Establishment is growing tired of working for Israel instead of America's best interest. First General Petraeus' remarks on Israel causing the deaths of American soldiers due to American foreign policy of blindly supporting Israel at the cost of American interests, and now President Obama's National Security Adviser General James Jones told a Jewish joke at a Washington policy forum Friday night. This is not allowed, however if a Jew told the joke than that would be alright as I've heard WAY worse from Jewish people themselves:
The remark -- little-noticed except in the New York-based Jewish newspaper The Forward -- drew laughter and applause
and I know you're all wondering what the joke was right? Here it is:
GENERAL JAMES JONES: In order to set the stage for my remarks, I'd just like to tell you a story that I think is true. It happened recently in southern Afghanistan.

A member of the Taliban was separated from his fighting party and wandered around for a few days in the desert -- lost, out of food, no water. And he looked on the horizon and he saw what looked like a little shack, and he walked towards that shack. And as he got to it, it turned out that it was a shack, a store, a little store owned by a Jewish merchant.

And the Taliban warrior went up to him and said, 'I need water. Give me some water.'

And the merchant said, 'I'm sorry. I don't have any water, but would you like to buy a tie. We have a nice sale of ties today.'

Whereupon the Taliban erupted into a stream of language that I can't repeat, but about Israel, about Jewish people, about the man himself, about his family. 'I've just said I need water. You try to sell me ties. You people don't get it.'

And passively the merchant stood there until this Taliban was through with his diatribe and said, 'Well, I'm sorry that I don't have water for you. And I forgive you for all of the insults that you've levied against me, my family, my country. But I will help you out. If you go over that hill and walk about two miles there's a restaurant there and they have all the water you'll need.'

The Taliban, instead of saying thanks, still muttering under his breath, disappears over the hill, only to come back about an hour later. And walking up to the merchant, he says, 'Your brother tells me I need a tie to get in the restaurant.'
So how did the evening end?
A former official for AIPAC, the pro-Israel lobby, has written that Jones "wrote [a] harsh report on Israel," and another newspaper noted that he "reportedly wanted to publish a report that was harshly critical of Israel's failure to facilitate the creation of a Palestinian security force and to allow more freedom of movement for the Palestinians." (OH NO, critical of Israel???? anti-Semite, anti-Semite!!!)

Other conservatives have critiqued him for participating in the J-Street conference, a group described as "pro-Israel," and "pro-peace."(J Street is a pro peace Israeli org often called, you guessed it, anti Semitic!)

But despite the joke, Jones' complete speech seems to have come off well.
"Jones got a standing ovation before and after his remarks,"