Can we all read the following first, it will make sense later:
link Illusory superiority is often referred to as the above average effect. Other terms include superiority bias, leniency error, sense of relative superiority,Intelligence(thinking of anyone yet?)There's more:
One of the main effects of illusory superiority in intelligence is the Downing effect. This describes the tendency of people with a below average intelligence quotient (IQ) to overestimate their intelligence. This means that the lower the IQ of an individual, the less capable they are of appreciating and accurately appraising others' intelligence. Therefore individuals with a lower IQ are more likely to rate themselves as more intelligent than those around them.
The Dunning-Kruger effectOk now we can all read the next section below, keeping in mind of course, what was mentioned above. Here is Sarah Palin’s Passover message:
link The phenomenon wherein people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the ability to realize it.
The theory states that:
1. Incompetent individuals tend to overestimate their own level of skill.
2. Incompetent individuals fail to recognize genuine skill in others.
3. Incompetent individuals fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy.
4. If they can be trained to substantially improve their own skill level, these individuals can recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill.
Tonight Jewish families all over the world will gather to celebrate Passover.See??? I’ve diagnosed Palin’s mental illness, I should get an award for this. She suffers from the mental condition outlined above, Her room temperature IQ cannot allow her to see her own stupidity. Israel is not under “threat of war” Israel IS the issuer of all threats of war in the Middle East, from Lebanon, to Palestine, to Iran. All of the aforementioned countries are threatened weekly by Israel. Poor poor Palin, and now a reminder of her intelligence (for those who have forgotten, or used brain bleach)
This holiday reminds us of the sacrifices that are still being made for freedom – the U.S. troops who are away from their families so that we can be with ours, and the Israeli people, who struggle for peace with their neighbors even as they face the threat of war. Happy Passover. And next year in Jerusalem.
link 1. 1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008This covers the first two "p's" in the post, so this now brings me to the final "p" pictured below, to Palin with love, from the "Sane" world:
2. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008
3. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008
4. "I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009
and now for my personal favorite:
5. "She didn't understand, McCain aides said, that Africa was a continent and not a country and actually asked them if South Africa wasn't just part of the country as opposed to a country in the continent"
Remember Sarah, dont skip a dose!