29 December 2009

HEDY EPSTEIN~PURE CLASS

Hedy Epstein, One of the very few who took the terrible lessons of the Holocaust and then went into the world and applied those lessons to the entire world, to everyone equally, to say "Never Again" to anyone or any religion. I would bet money that she will be one of the 100 marchers to enter Gaza tomorrow.

The following is an excerpt of an interview done in Cairo of various Gaza Freedom Marchers, one of which is the holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein. And may I say she is one Class Act:
HEDY EPSTEIN: I’ve been for many, many years—in fact, for most of my life, I’ve been involved in human rights and civil rights struggle. But I’ve never been on a hunger strike before. And I think there comes a time in one’s life when one meets up with this kind of obstruction that the Egyptian government is providing us, instead of opening the borders and letting us into Gaza, and there comes a time in one’s life when maybe one needs to do more than just talk and march and picket, and maybe go on a hunger strike, as I am now about to do here, to change the opinion of the Egyptian government so that they will let us go to Gaza.

I desperately need to go to Gaza. I have a severe case of Gaza fever, and it can only be cured by going to Gaza. And I don’t want to go alone. I want to go with the 1,300 or 1,400 people of us from forty-two different countries.
God Bless her.........you can read the whole interview with various marchers HERE