Showing posts with label sudan. Show all posts
Showing posts with label sudan. Show all posts

28 March 2009

US or Israel~Sudan Airstrike MORE and MORE Suspicious

for latest update go HERE


HAMAS deny any link to so called weapons convoy in Sudan. Additionally, (this is interesting) HAMAS claim "if" there was an airstrike in Sudan, it was done to pressure Sudan over Middle East Conflict. Hmmmmmm.....

HAMAS Denies Link to Sudan Arms Convoy

Palestinian Islamic Hamas movement on Saturday denied any link to a weapon convoy which was said to be en route to the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip but was bombed in Sudan.

"It is ironic to link this convoy with Hamas though we're still unsure if there was a convoy bombed by airplanes," said Salah al- Bardaweel, a Hamas lawmaker in the Gaza Strip.

It was reported that American or Israeli fighter jets struck at an arms convoy in a remote area in Sudan in late January, and the weapons were supposed to be transported to the Gaza Strip via Egyptian territories.

"If this airstrike is true, it would be a political act by Israel and the U.S. aiming at putting pressure on Sudan," al- Bardaweel added.

The United States has conducted an airstrike against arms smugglers last January, killing scores of people, the Paris-based Sudantribune website reported on Wednesday.

Sudanese State Minister for Highways, Mabrouk Mubarak Saleem, was quoted as saying that a "major power bombed small trucks carrying arms, burring all of them."

26 March 2009

3rd UPDATE Sudanese Attack

UPDATED X4 March 30th, proof of US involvement HERE


LATEST UPDATE X3 MARCH 28TH More and More Suspicious, check this out HERE

NEW UPDATED X2 March 27, more info out now from Sudan. They now claim they thought at first, it was the USA that carried out the TWO attacks, one in January and one in February. But now say the US gave them "assurances" it was not them. Then they said they thought it was Israel, but now say they are not sure if it "is" Israel or not. given that it could only be the US or Israel? Who is covering for whom?

Sudan says no proof for now Israel behind raids
5 hours ago

KHARTOUM (AFP) — Sudan is investigating the possibility that Israel was behind deadly air strikes this year against suspected Gaza-bound arms convoys, but so far it has found no proof, a government official said.

Foreign ministry spokesman Ali Sadiq said there were two separate bombing raids against smugglers in a remote desert area near the Red Sea town of Port Sudan in January and February, killing about 40 people.

"First we suspected it was the United States, but we received assurances it was not them, and we are investigating other possibilities, including Israel," Sadiq told AFP. "But there is no indication for now that it was Israel."


Original post below from 26th March
Oh what a slippery slope Obama is now on. This Sudanese attack has US cooperation and Intelligence assistance written all over it IMHO. It would appear that Israel is now going to be attacking and invading any country where it deems anything suspicious, and with the approval (or assistance) of the US government.

On January 19th 2009 an MOU (memorandum of understanding) was signed between the US government and Israel to “work together” in keeping anyone from replenishing arms to Hamas. (Like every time Israel invades, Hamas doesn’t have the right to defend itself, its people and it’s country from an invader? Only Israel gets to defend itself as we have seen and continue to see) But, there you go. At any rate, the Israeli fighter jets would have had to fly a great distance and possibly through other countries air space, additionally needing a mid air re-fuelling to complete the mission.

It seems like Obama is going to not only keep, but honour, the agreements Bush made with Israel, so much for “change” and “hope” This means the US will support Israeli attacks into other countries, and possibly assist in those attacks. As if the US does not have enough problems already. Israel is pushing America towards war with Iran and has been for 3 years now. The slippery slope begins.

From the Globe and Mail:

“Whoever did this was operating with pretty hard intelligence,” said Mark Heller, principal research associate of the Institute for National Security Studies at Tel Aviv University.

“The strike itself would have required satellite guidance or cameras on the missiles,” Mr. Heller said. “There are only two air forces that could have carried it out: the U.S. and Israeli.”

The United States has strongly denied carrying out any such attack.
“The U.S. military has not conducted any air strikes, fired any missiles or undertaken any combat operations in or around Sudan since the U.S. Africa Command formally began operations Oct. 1” said Vince Crawley, a spokesman for the command.

Such a trip would have required at least one in-air refuelling, Mr. Heller said.

“Until now, our priorities have been along the Gaza-Sinai frontier,” the (Israeli) official said. “While efforts there are continuing, we also have to ask ourselves: Is it possible to be more pro-active in intercepting weapons before they arrive at the frontier?

“That's why we signed an MOU with [former U.S.] secretary of state [Condoleezza] Rice, to intercept weapons shipments,” he said.

The memorandum of understanding, signed Jan. 16 in Washington by Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, calls for the United States and its partners to work together to address the problem of the supply of arms to Hamas and other militant forces in Gaza. It lists the areas where such arms shipments may occur as “the Mediterranean, Gulf of Aden, Red Sea and Eastern Africa.” Sudan is an Eastern African country.

UPDATE~Sudanese Air Strike US or Israel Involved?

NEW UPDATED X2 March 27, more info out now from Sudan/ They now claim the thought it was the USA at first, but that the US gave them "assurances" it was not them. Then they said they thought it was Israel, but now not sure. given that it could only be the US or Israel? Who is covering for whom?

Sudan says no proof for now Israel behind raids
5 hours ago

KHARTOUM (AFP) — Sudan is investigating the possibility that Israel was behind deadly air strikes this year against suspected Gaza-bound arms convoys, but so far it has found no proof, a government official said.

Foreign ministry spokesman Ali Sadiq said there were two separate bombing raids against smugglers in a remote desert area near the Red Sea town of Port Sudan in January and February, killing about 40 people.

"First we suspected it was the United States, but we received assurances it was not them, and we are investigating other possibilities, including Israel," Sadiq told AFP. "But there is no indication for now that it was Israel."


Original post below:

more on the Sudanese air strike. Implications are made against not only Israel but the USA as well. Wonder what Obama has to say about this?

Israel operating to increase deterrence: PM

JERUSALEM, March 26 (Xinhua) -- Israel's outgoing Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Thursday that his country is conducting extensive operations in a bid to enhance its deterrence.

"We are operating in every area in which terrorist infrastructures can be struck... We are operating in locations near and far to strengthen and increase deterrence," local news service Ynet quoted Olmert as saying.

"There is no point in elaborating. Everyone can use their imagination. Whoever needs to know knows," the Israeli premier told a conference at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya near Tel Aviv.

The remarks came against the backdrop of a CBS report that Israeli warplanes in January attacked a 17-truck convoy in Sudan "allegedly" loaded with arms that were to be smuggled into the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.

The Israel Defense Forces have so far remained tight-lipped on the report, which said 39 people were killed in the air raid.

Some Sudanese sources have confirmed the attack, yet it is still unclear who indeed carried out the raid, with one of the Sudanese sources pointing to the United States.

During the final days of the Gaza offensive on the Gaza Strip in December and January, Israel and the United States signed a memorandum aimed to enhance cooperation in this regard.